Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Potty training: further exploration

A few more thoughts on this interesting subject:

We all need to recognize Kate as the foremost authority on this topic. She has worked in the field with potty trainees for many years.

Ellen is quite bright and the exception to the "early trained/dim bulb" rule. And actually, since she did not stop wearing diapers until 2 and a half, only in our family would she be considered early.

Sam would prefer to have his children trained by 6 monthes. If that should happen, I will know that there is no God since frankly Sam was not a potty genius and truly does not deserve to change less than three million diapers per baby bearing his name. (If Gail deserves better, I'm sorry. In that case, she married the wrong fellow.)

4 comments:

kate said...

I'm feeling quite full of myself right now since finally being recognized as the leader in potty training knowledge... Although, I must say, the term "potty training" really bothers me because if done correctly there is no training involved... And I will argue that point to the grave if anyone disagrees!!

Sam B. said...

Wait, there's going to be a child named after me? Ahhh... Sam Jr.!

Ellen said...

I seem to recall from my days at HF that we called it "toilet teaching." Or something like that, I can't quite remember. But "potty training" was a no-no.
Also, I'd just like to point out that I'm the only one of the three of us that was referred to as "quite bright." Coincidence? Or the truth finally coming out?

Stu said...

I prefer to call it "Dumping Drills" or perhaps "Experiential Evacuation."

There's also..."Peeing (and/or pooping) Practice" and "Movement Management."

The end.