Saturday, February 7, 2009

Indiana Association for the Gifted State Conference

A new state mandate for gifted education means twice as many people at the state conference on gifted education. A good thing except most sessions were geared for beginners and not to brag but I am not a beginner. There were good moments, most notably when Dr. Yong Zhao took State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tony Bennett to task immediately after Bennett introduced Zhao. Zhao let those high stakes tests lovers have it and I loved it!

The view from our hotel room was spectacular. I took pictures every time I walked by the window.
Unfortunately I was sick and so had to leave most of my meals, including dinner at St. Elmo's, uneaten...okay, I ate a little but I enjoyed it not at all.

I did get to spend time with my partner teachers and I did get to see Ellen and Ashley. But all in all, home in bed would have been a better place for me.

4 comments:

Sam B. said...

Lovely view! Sorry you were sick... and I'm sorry I didn't get to go to St. Elmo's! Were you anticipating your soup?

Meg said...

No but Tim was and we made sure that the waiter knew about the young gentleman and his anticipation.

Ellen said...

Thanks again for the delish meals! And Ashley thoroughly enjoyed his as well. . . and yours!

kate said...

I love the pictures from your window! But not the one of you looking sickly, of course...