Sunday, November 2, 2008

The first of November

Yesterday on November 1st, I saw this dandelion peeking out from among the fallen leaves. I'm thinking that November is my favorite month.
I have to love October...it's my birthday month and Halloween makes my students and my grand kids so happy.
But November means that the school year is really rolling. We all know each other and we know what we are doing. This year November means Sam and Gail are home from a trip to Europe. I can tell by the way their faces beam in every shot that they had a wonderful time. November means they are getting closer to meeting their baby. November means Thanksgiving and maybe another family concert...if we are lucky.
I'm feeling lucky...we haven't had a hard frost yet and while flowers are few, things are still green and growing if you look hard enough. November is feeling good.

No comments: