Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Little bits of lots of stuff

SCHOOL
I'm so busy at school right now! Testing 2nd graders, beginning to work with 1st graders, the usual craziness with my other students, two study trips next week, paperwork and forms coming out my ears, conferences coming up....my head is spinning! But it's a good kind of spin.


KNITTING
I made these sock in 2003...they are the first pair I ever made and I'm proud of them. I spent a lot of time this past weekend updating my stash on Ravelry, adding pictures of projects (including this shot), and also actually knitting. I'm making great progress on the Baby Sack from Debbie Bliss and hope to finish it at just about the time that our Cincy baby arrives. I also have picked up and started working on the socks I promised Gail six months ago. I even sat at a school meeting last night and worked on those socks. A new stage as a knitter....public knitting!




POWERPOINT
I'm going to be teaching/overseeing 22 5th graders in the computer lab for the next few weeks as they do their PowerPoints for their independent study. So to become familiar with the process, I've been making a few of my own. At school I'm doing one on my independent study topic called "Mary Cassatt: A Woman Can't be a Painter!" I'm enjoying it but even more fun, at home I'm working on "The Amazing Family Bloom". Everyone in the family will have a slide or two in that one. And here is the picture introducing myself, just to give you an idea of the tone of the thing.


GARDEN
I hate fall garden clean up but there are still some nice things out there. The last blooms of October....




And these Hens and Chicks will still be there when the snow flies....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Take your time on the socks....no worries at all!