Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Finally.....September!

Hooray! The longest month (or so it seems) is over! I was looking at that gorgeous baby sweater in my last entry and I thought "What is that dirt evident from the deck?" That, my friends, is the grass. And it's not just our lawn. All the lawns around these parts are dry and seer. That's August in Indiana.

But I took a look around my August landscape and by gum, there are still some good things going on in the flowerbeds. Lookee here...


Another good thing: I have finished the Buggy Blanket for our little Cincy grandchild. I learned that I do not like intarsia, at least not for a pattern like this one. But I do love this blanket and the idea that it will keep our baby snug and warm.

And finally, I need to post a correction. Someone near and dear took exception when I said I didn't like September. It seems he thinks I should appreciate the month of his birth and he certainly has a valid point there. Not only that but September leads right into October and that is, as we all know, the king of the year!



1 comment:

Ellen said...

What a beautiful blanket!