Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bad time of day

It's early evening (6:44 PM, also know as mid evening during the school year) and I think I just feel lousy by this time of day. If something hurts, it will hurt now. If something feels sick, now it will feel sicker. If something is sad, now it is close to devastating. After having said all that, on the up side, this has been not bad so far. I see Jerry tomorrow and will go down another half pill...then we'll see what happens.

Physical therapy is interesting. If I didn't trust the people and the process, I'd swear this was quackery. They shoot my ankle with electricity which makes it jump and do silly things. They zap it with ultrasound which must be magic because nothing seems to be happening but they swear by it. They do soft tissue augmentation which feels like something Bob and Denny would have done to me when I was a kid...sort of like a long Dutch rub with much pain. They pack ice around it which makes it icy (at least I understand that concept). It doesn't feel better but it does feel tingly, roughed up and cold. I guess this is progress because these are the people who rehabilitated my knee and they did that quite well.

And Kate, I too am going to trade one drug for another. I don't have any wine but tonight will be a beer night. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 comment:

Sam B. said...

Holy shit mom... I forgot you had a blog! Sorry you feel lousy... hopefully a trip to Chicago followed by a trip to Cincinnati will cure what ails ya!!!