Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy new year

2008 was tough. Moving two parents to nursing homes, going off meds, Dad's death, and then the ice storm that will hopefully end all ice storms.

There is so much to look forward to this year. A new grandchild, time with family, vacations and visits, a raised bed garden that I'm planning, using my new camera, maybe a new window in the kitchen...just thinking about how nice that last item would be.

I'm not the first one to say this but I am sincere. Happy New Year to us all.

5 comments:

Stu said...

A new window in the kitchen?

Sam B. said...

Pfffft... even I knew about that - where ya been, dad? I, too, am glad to see 2008 in the rearview mirror.

kate said...

Did 2008 stink for everyone? I know it did here at the Bloom/Summers house. Hurray for 2009! And hurray for a new kitchen window!

Meg said...

Let's talk to Chad about the window! Um, Stew, wouldn't it be nice to have a window where the chalkboard is?

Ellen said...

a new window in the kitchen? how exciting. Let's hope 2009 will be 200-FINE.