Saturday, August 30, 2008

Time for a new picture


I like this picture of me....Scout thinks my arms are stretched out because I'm sending her a hug. (True and also they are stretched out because otherwise when I take a picture of myself, all I get is the pores of my nose.) So this photo is just a bit special to me. However, I am noticing that green tinge more and more. Time to download more photos and turn my skin back to a more normal hue. No more Grandma from Emerald City.

On another note, I had my first school study trip. We took 72 fifth graders downtown to do research at the library. A good time with just the usual bumps in the road (nice play on words after that bus ride)....one child telling me all about how my gray hair ages me, another telling me all he knew which was a lot about his personal favorites Attila the Hun and Genghis Khan, another few boys having to be stopped from assaulting one another's privaties on the bus (oh, the back of the bus is an unholy place). We timed it well because I definitely can use this three day weekend for recovery!

No comments: