Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I hallucinate

No fooling.

I had my first root canal and it was less than fun. As soon as I was given laughing gas, I started to hallucinate. It was mostly auditory....lots of strange unpleasant garbled sounds including a bit of opera and Motown mixed together. When I opened my eyes, the endodontist looked wicked and, even scarier, he had his eyes tightly shut. Worried people kept running in and out. I was truly terrified and tried to raise my arm to shove the evil closed-eyed doctor off but lucky for him, I had lost all control of my powerful fighting arms. They just flopped around in a way that must have been disconcerting but was hardly threatening.

It took a long long time to come around. Really long. They almost charged rent for the dental cubicle. Then the evil doctor came in, looking not evil at all and with both eyes wide open. He gave me the news....we weren't done! It had been over two hours and I was told that I was the proud owner of very unusual teeth....extra long and skinny roots (what irony! My only long skinny parts!)and not only that! Two more roots than most people! Bonus for me!

So I get to go back. This just stinks!

2 comments:

Sam B. said...

Sounds like a Baz Luhrmann film. Sorry you have to go back!

Ellen said...

I feel your toothy pain. Until I get this filling replaced I will not feel whole.